Golden Gut Lovin & Anti-Inflammtory Gummies
These gummies are essentially gut loving gelatin "lollies" with the addition of the anti-inflammatory powerhouse turmeric. What we’re after in turmeric root is curcumin or curcuminoids, which are the compounds possessing anti-inflammatory properties. Ingesting turmeric with black pepper helps our bodies extract and absorb more of the curcumin from turmeric. These homemade gummies are easy to make, contain only a handful ingredients and use the gut-healing superstar, gelatin. For more recipes using gelatin, try our sour berry gummies, strawberry & cream gummies, or the chocolate fudge gummies.
- 4 tbsp good gut gelatin
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (pulp removed)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pinch of black pepper
- Sprinkle the Good Gut Gelatin over 1 cup of the orange juice, mix and let sit for approx. 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the water, sugar, turmeric, ginger and black pepper together in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve the sugar, until the water comes to a simmer.
- Pour the hot liquid over the juice and jello and stir gently.
- Pour liquid into silicon moulds, ice cube trays or a glass container.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until completely firm.
- Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Buy the products in this recipe