Chicken Liver Pate
We know, we know: Liver? Really?
But pâté is one of the easiest and best-tasting ways to eat liver, which is (rightfully) nicknamed “nature’s multivitamin.” It's one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, packed with vitamin A, iron, B vitamins (especially B12) and much more.
Vitamin A is essential for great gut health: new research shows how vitamin A mediates the relationship between gut bacteria and the immune system. (1)
Spread across some sourdough bread, pâté makes a perfect snack that will keep you comfortably full for a while thanks to its combo of fat and protein.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 450g chicken livers (1lb)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sage
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a stovetop skillet
- Add liver in an even layer. Sear for 3 - 5 minutes on each side
- Add the liver and all remaining ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Refrigerate until cold or eat warm.
#PROTIP: You can use almost any animal liver for this - beef has a stronger flavour, but also has the best nutritional profile.
Buy the products in this recipe