Gut Healing Chocolate Fudge Gummies
Regenerating your gut health doesn't have to be boring. Au contraire (that's French for on the contrary - it's best to sound French when cooking after all).
We counter, that it should not be boring. No one likes boring.
Everyone likes chocolate gummies. You can trick your coffee guests or family into thinking aren't healing their gut whilst enjoying your "secret ingredient" gummies. Watch their face when you tell them it's collagen (gelatin is basically collagen).
- 1 cup water, divided
- 3 tbsp good gut gelatin
- 1 tbsp perfectly pure collagen
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into the bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Allow the gelatin to bloom for at least 10 minutes.
- While the gelatin is blooming, add the remaining 1/2 cup water, honey and salt to a small pot for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Turn your mixer on low to break up the gelatin and slowly and carefully pour the honey mixture on top. Gradually increase the speed to high and beat until the mixture has tripled in size. This should take approximately 8-10 minutes. In the last minute, add the cacao and collagen.
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture onto the pan and quickly flatten the top with an offset spatula. Allow to set a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Eat the gummies immediately or place in a storage container for 1-2 days.