Nourishing Mineral Broth
Feeling run down? Then mineral broth is for you (especially if you're bloated, gassy or IBS ridden). Mineral broth delivers tons of vitamins and minerals which are essential for your gut health and overall health.
Mineral broth is a combo of vegetables, boiled for two hours. This allows the veggies to release all of their lovely vitamins and minerals for you to drink down - without taking on board too much gas producing fiber!
- 6 unpeeled carrots, cut into thirds
- 2 unpeeled yellow onions, cut into chunks
- 1 leek, white and green parts, cut into thirds
- 1 bunch celery, including the heart, cut into thirds
- 4 unpeeled potatoes, quartered
- 2 unpeeled sweet potatoes, quartered
- A handful of kale
- Fresh ginger, cut into chunks
- 3 unpeeled cloves garlic, halved
- 1/2 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 12 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Rinse all of the vegetables well.
- In a large pot, combine the carrots, onions, leek, celery, potatoes, sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes, garlic, parsley, kale, pepper and bay leaves. Fill the pot with the water to 2 inches below the rim, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Remove the lid, decrease the heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, for at least 2 hours. As the broth simmers, some of the water will evaporate; add more if the vegetables begin to peek out. Simmer until the full richness of the vegetables can be tasted.
- Strain the broth through a large, coarse-mesh sieve. Add salt to taste.
Buy the products in this recipe