Overnight Sourdough French Toast
We love a low gluten diet for someone on the gut health mend. However, unless you're celiac, you probably don't have to be militant about it. So why not enjoy a well made sourdough? It's got far lower gluten content than normal bread - provided it's been left to ferment for 12+ hours.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of your favourite kind of milk (i.e. dairy, coconut)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 thinly sliced sourdough
- 2 tbsp Perfectly Pure Collagen
- Whisk together eggs, milks, collagen and maple syrup. Pour mixture over sliced sourdough, cover and pop in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, heat a bit of butter in a pan. Cook each piece over medium heat until golden brown.
#PROTIP: Serve with fresh, seasonal fruit
Buy the products in this recipe